History

1951

Company founded by the businessman Willi Wader as a trading company for tools of all types

1971

Expansion of the product range to include drilling tools for tap holes in blast furnaces

1973

Entry of the current owner and managing director, Jochen Wader, graduated engineer
Start of development and production of lashing material to secure containers on ships

1980

Expansion of product range to incude ball rods for passenger car trailer hitches and conveyor chains

1992

Introduction of quality assurance according to DIN ISO EN 9001

2002

Construction of a production plant in China with a focus on the production of container securing material

2005

Transfer of distribution of container securing materials to Wader-MEC GmbH with registered office in Hamburg

2008

Entry of Stephan Wader, business graduate, into the corporate group

2009

Formation of Wader-Wittis GmbH as a response to the ever changing conditions in transport of wind turbine components

2010

Formation of two subsidiaries of Wader-MEC GmbH in Singapore and Shanghai

2013

Sale of Wader MEC-GmbH and its subsidiaries and simultaneous concentration of business activities on the core business of Willi Wader Fahrzeugteile GmbH and Willi Wader Systemtechnik GmbH

2014

Introduction of IRIS certification, an extension of the DIN ISO EN 9001 quality assurance system that had already existed for more than 20 years in our company, with enhancements, especially in the railway segment